Hermann Park, located in the heart of Houston, Texas, is a 445-acre urban oasis offering a diverse range of recreational activities and attractions for all ages.
With its beautiful green spaces, picturesque gardens, cultural institutions, and family-friendly amenities, Hermann Park is the perfect destination for a day of relaxation and exploration.
Attractions and Activities
Visitors to Hermann Park can enjoy a variety of attractions and activities, including:
- McGovern Centennial Gardens: Stroll through this beautiful 15-acre garden, which features a lush rose garden, a peaceful Japanese garden, a family garden, and an interactive arid garden.
- Miller Outdoor Theatre: Catch a free outdoor performance at this popular amphitheater, which hosts a variety of concerts, plays, and cultural events throughout the year.
- Houston Zoo: Explore the 55-acre Houston Zoo, home to more than 6,000 animals from around the world.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: Visit this renowned museum to discover exhibits on dinosaurs, space, gemstones, and much more.
- Hermann Park Railroad: Take a scenic train ride through the park on the charming Hermann Park Railroad.
- Pedal Boats: Rent a pedal boat and glide across the serene waters of McGovern Lake.
- Playground and Splash Pad: Let the kids enjoy the playground and cool off in the splash pad during the warmer months.
- Hermann Park Golf Course: Tee off at this 18-hole public golf course, perfect for golfers of all skill levels.
Hermann Park is located at 6001 Fannin Street in Houston, Texas.
The park is open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm. Admission to the park is free, though some attractions within the park, such as the Houston Zoo and Houston Museum of Natural Science, may have separate admission fees.
Hermann Park is wheelchair accessible, with paved paths throughout the park and accessible restrooms.
The park also offers designated parking spaces for visitors with disabilities.
Adam Prince is a lifelong Houstonian who knows all the best attractions, hidden gems, restaurants, and more that Space City has to offer. Born and raised in Houston, he has over 25+ years of insider knowledge from exploring every corner of the city. Adam launched the Theta Travels blog to provide fellow explorers with trusted local advice for visiting Houston, from kid-friendly activities to romantic date ideas.